Friday, May 14, 2010

"Sports Ministry Today" - Pt. 1

What a great book for us to engage with!  As we learned in our previous classes there is so much more to sports ministry than most people know, including the history.  

I found Dr. Johnson's ideas and thoughts about coaching very interesting.  As I think back to past coaches, he is so right in that coaches have a great influence on those they work with.  I appreciated his ideas on how to handle each age group and suggestions he made.  

I also found his thoughts about sports ministry to women very interesting.  I had never thought about many of the issues and questions he raised within this dynamic of sports ministry.  I understand that it is very important to think about these issues if I enter into the sport world and the audience I will be dealing with.  The issues women deal with within sport are so true--and many of them I can see in my own life or those around me.  The good news, is there is hope--and that is what we will be trying to bring through the message of Christ!

Written by:
Emily Lyden

No comments:

Post a Comment